java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, September 3, 2010

psalm 45 in rhyme

PSALM 45
Rhymed by John Cliver

My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I sing praises for the king;
my tongue is the pen of a writer of great skill
You are the most excellent of men Your lips anointed with His grace,
the blessings of God are forever on you still

So gird your sword upon your side, O mighty one; O mighty one.
clothe yourself with splendor and majesty.
In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth,
humility and righteousness be on your side

Your throne, O God, will last for ever; a scepter of justice will be forever
Your kingdom will reign forevermore
I will exalt your memory I’ll remember you through eternity
the nations will praise your name forevermore

So gird your sword upon your side, O mighty one; O mighty one.
clothe yourself with splendor and majesty.
In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth,
humility and righteousness be on your side

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.