java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Monday, September 13, 2010

naked women

Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.  (Proverbs 11:22)

I was looking at some pictures of the MTV Video Music Awards last night. Cher came out in an outfit like the one that she wore in the 1989 video, If I Could Turn Back Time. Very revealing. However, at the age of 64, it was inappropriate on so many levels. She gave an award to Lady GaGa. She was dressed in a rather brief meat kind of dress, really quite strange. She usually wears something revealing and stupid looking.

I saw a picture essay the other day of movie stars who had one too many plastic surgeries. The desire to stay beautiful was so strong that they disfigured themselves by accident trying desperately to remain young.

The internet is full of beautiful young women who are quick to disrobe. Nudity, or at the least, brief bikinis, rule.

Yet, there is probably nothing more beautiful than a well dressed beautiful woman.

The Bible says that beauty in a woman who has no sense is wasted. Her beauty is thrown around like a commodity and then when it near gone, she tries everything she can to keep it.

One of the saddest things I have seen was the old Mae West, tottering on high heels, with body builders on both sides of her to prop her up, still wearing the clothing and stuff that she wore at the height of her beauty. It was as if she could not let go.

So many of the Hollywood beauties are getting older and they cannot let go. The reason, in my opinion, which is the only one I have and I am proud of it, is because they have nothing else. When a person is graced with beauty but no real sense, they try in vain to hold on to the beauty. They know they have no life after it.

I also believe that is why Marilyn Monroe killed herself. She couldn’t imagine being an old woman with no looks.

One of the things that impressed me so much about Lauren Bacall is that she is able to function as an older woman. Both she and Katherine Hepburn were great looking when they were young, yet managed to keep their talent when they got old.

It is a curious thing in our society that a woman who takes off her clothes in public is arrested and told to cover up. But that same woman can have a man take a movie of herself undressing and we will pay money to watch it. An exhibitionist in public is known to have a mental disorder. An exhibitionist in Hollywood is known to be a movie star.

When we pay money to watch them naked and simulating sex, we enable that mental disorder and make them rich.

And that beauty, which was intended for a husband’s eyes, is debased and is like putting a gold nose ring on a pig. Something beautiful is used for a debased reason.

I know that makes me an anachronism and someone out of touch with society. But it is sad to see our young girls wearing Playboy stuff and sending pictures of themselves naked in a desperate attempt to make boys like them.

It is a shame and it is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.