java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Thursday, September 23, 2010

daily java

Daily Java: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

When you get married, you promise to meld your life with someone, to give your heart to another. You are no longer two people, you are a couple, a unit, a family. Your life is subsumed in another. It is no longer your life alone, it is yours and someone else’s life. You are no longer alone in your decisions, in your life management, in anything, really.

Even though you still have your life,  you now share it with someone. You are dead to any other romantic relationships.

The same is with Jesus. When you come to him and give him your heart, when you accept his love and his salvation, you become, in essence, one with him. You now share your life with Jesus, with God, with the Divine.

Coming to Jesus is different in one way, though. When you come to Jesus, you die. Not literally, of course, but you put away all of the things that motivated you before and you become motivated by him and his desires, his wishes. He now lives in you. You are dead to any other motivation in your life. You live for him.

But not only do you live for him, he now lives for you. And he lives in you. Your life with him guiding becomes like a flashlight in a paper bag. The paper bag is there and you see it, but when you turn the flashlight on, the light comes through.

He becomes the internal light in your life. He lights and all see it through your life, your actions, your words. They may not immediately recognize it, but they will know that something is different in your life. If he is there, they will see him.

We live by faith in his ability to keep us and to motivate us. Just like a husband loves a wife, he loves us. And he gives himself for us daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.