java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Sunday, September 19, 2010

daily java

Daily Java: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering  And so he condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit. (Romans 1:1-4)

It doesn’t matter how hard you try, you cannot seem to do the right thing. God knew this from the beginning. So again, from the beginning, he set Jesus up to help us.

When we are in him, there is no condemnation. Sure we sin, and we do stupid things daily, and at time minutely, but in Jesus and in his grace, there is no condemnation.

That means that when God looks at us, he doesn’t see the stupidity we have done, he sees Jesus. When he looks at us, he doesn’t see sin, he sees grace.

He looks at us through the filter of the blood of Jesus and that filter takes away all our sin. He just sees us.

We do the same thing when we look at our kids. What kind of parent, when he looks at his children, starts remembering all of the things the child has done wrong. I love my son, but I remember when he was 6, he broke my watch, or I remember last week, he tracked mud, or I remember the lies he told me, or… No real parent, or at least, no parent who loves their children, does that.

He or she sees the son, or the daughter. After all, you love that person. It is your son. It is  your daughter. You went through a lot for them. Why would you dwell on all their problems and shortcomings. The rest of the world does that on a daily basis. They come to you for love and acceptance.

It’s the same with God. We come to him for love and acceptance. The idea of an angry God looking at us in condemnation is nowhere in the Bible. At least nor for his children.

His anger is for the unrighteous, for the ungodly, for those who live in blatant and uncaring sin, not for his children.

There is nothing you can do to make yourself loveable. You cannot get all your ducks in a row and come to God fine. You cannot do anything to make yourself fine. It is the grace of God given freely to all those who accept it that makes us righteous. We are made righteous when we accept him and his grace.

All who come to him and accept his love are made perfect and he loves them.

He loves them. He loves us. He loves me. With all my faults, with all my problems, with all of my stupidities, he loves me.

And there is no condemnation when I am in his grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.