java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Saturday, September 11, 2010

daily java

Daily Java: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge but fools  despise wisdom and discipline.  (Proverbs 1:7)

This is the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 World Trade Towers terrorist disaster. I have been trying to think of what to write for Daily Java and I keep coming up blank.

Things happen that are on such a scale that it dwarfs all else that we do or think. This was one.

Listening to the liberal spin on the day – it was our fault, it was Bush’s fault, it was what we deserve, these were random people and the rest of Islam is not like this – it makes me think about the lack of wisdom in our world today.

There was a fear of God present in those bombings, but the wrong God. God never asked us to kill for him. Die for him, yes, if need be. Live for him, yes, too, which is even harder in the long run. After all dying takes a moment and you know you have done right, but living. That is a 24/7 thing that is done all your life.

The wisdom of God keeps us going ,keeps us moving, keeps us believing. And it keeps us hoping, even in the face of what seems to be insurmountable fear and uncertainty.

He is still God, and he still reigns, no matter what wackos may do against us.

And only a fool despises what is right, and ignores the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.