java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, September 10, 2010

good friends

We spent the evening with some new friends. They are the pastors of the Foursquare Church in Columbus, NE. We met them a few weeks ago at a pastors’ meeting here in Lincoln. We got along well together almost immediately. They are Nebraskans by birth and all and are acquainted with the church here and its history.

They are also quite nice people who also seem to like us. She even commented favorably on my blog, which stands her in high stead amongst the angels.

They came early and brought us some furniture we needed. Not only nice people, but bearing gifts, one of which is a very comfortable recliner for Ella. She needed it as she gets so tired during the day. One of the side effects of her MS is the fatigue that overcomes her at times. The recliner will be great for her.

As we talked, we discussed just about everything, from faith to God’s blessings to our children to coffee (always one of my favorites). An almost instant rapport.

I had the opportunity and privilege of fixing supper. Chicken, pork and sausage in a Cajun cream sauce over brown rice. We had a roast beef and pepper jack cheese antipasto plate to start with and ice cream and Texas Ranger bars for dessert. All in all, a good dinner.

We talked, all total, for over six hours. Straight. It amazes me that we could have that much conversation to engage in with people who were total strangers less than a month ago.

But it was great. And I am glad we got to meet them and talk to them. I look forward to the next time. It isn’t often you find people you get along with that easily. Especially those who have such encouragement in what they say.

God bless the Holts. May he pour out his blessings on them and their children and their church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.