java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

naked women, part 2

Has it ever occurred to you that if a woman takes off her clothes in public in front of a bunch of people and they take pictures and give her money she will get arrested.

However, if she takes off her clothes in front of a movie camera, and people pay her money to see it, she might win an academy award.

A woman who takes off her clothes in public has a mental problem. We enable that mental problem when we watch her in a movie and enrich her at the same time.

One of the movie stars a few years ago was voted the woman most likely to be naked in a movie. Is that really how you want to be remembered.

On the other hand, I read an article about a woman in a movie who refused to do nude scenes shot from the back. Her solution: hire a body model. What is the difference? People who saw it would assume that it was you and the ethical approach you thought you were taking is dissolved.

I really liked what Ernest Borgnine had to say about profanity and nudity in movies. He said, in effect, who wants to be remembered for that trash? He wanted his kids to be proud of what he had done.

His movies were not stellar examples of goodness, but at the same time, that kind of attitude is one that should be the standard.

In the old days, movies were made with no nudity and no suggestion of anything inappropriate. Maybe they went a bit far, but they were good.

I suppose that the only problem is that, seeing movie stars and reading about some of the near scandals in the past golden age of movies, if it had been permitted, they would have done it.

They were no better, just more regulated.

Why demean these women? They have problems and need psychological help, not viewers.

A Pollyanna attitude, I know, but my very own Pollyanna attitude and I am proud of it. As the top of the blog says, everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion? Go somewhere else for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.