java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Monday, October 18, 2010

my brown fleece robe

I am wearing a brown robe that Ella made me. It is made of brown fleece and I wear it after I get through with my bath. If I had my druthers, I would wear it a lot.

There are things that you love to wear that are not really appropriate outside the house that you wish you could wear all the time. I told Ella that if she dies before me, I will probably wear nothing but brown robes like the Franciscans, and live in two rooms. One for my office and reception room and one for my small lonely bed.

I don’t know if I really will but I love my robe and I wait for winter each year to wear it. I still have a caftan my mother made me back in the early 70’s out of doubleknit that I cannot wear right now until I lose weight. One day I will. But it has been the clothing of every Bible character you could imagine in the past. It is just biblical enough to do well as Bible clothing.

Just a couple of years ago I played Judas/apostle number 4 in an Easter play. There were only four apostles due to lack of enough people, but the caftan did well.

That year I discovered that I could wear it unbelted. I had always worn a sash with it, but I discovered that it looked good unsashed. Not to mention that it was a lot more comfortable, as I have lost the sashed look long ago.

The brown robe is warm and loose and comfortable and would really make a good single piece of clothing. The Franciscan monks have a good idea, although they can’t get married and all. Ella would complain.

But still, it sure is comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.