java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Thursday, October 28, 2010

daily java

Daily Java: When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.  (Jeremiah 15:16)

Accepting the words of God is easier said than done. The idea of the word of God being like a sharp sword is appropriate. That is because truth can hurt, it can cut. You are doing stuff that you know to be wrong and the word points it out. It can make a person mad even.

The key is to receive the word of God in the spirit it is given. The Lord doesn’t point things out to be mean. He points them out to make you better, to refine the gold of your life.

When they come to us, we eat them. We take them in like we would take in food or drink. The words become part of us and begin to work in our lives. We do not just apply them, we let them become part of us from the inside.

We eat them. If we are in God’s will, they are joy and delight. Even if they hurt at times, we know that he wants the best for us and we are willing to go with his plan and his will.

That is not easy. But we bear his name. We are his people. We live by his rules. And we know that he loves us.

Our food becomes his will and our drink becomes his life. And we are his.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.