java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, October 1, 2010

different kinds of coffee

Coffee is never mentioned in the Bible. But I still love it. Bacon isn’t either, for that matter. But I love bacon.

I especially love strong black coffee. I usually buy French Roast because it gives the riches flavor. It doesn’t seem to matter which brand I buy, either, except for Folger’s French Roast. For some reason it isn’t very good.

Starbuck’s makes a superior French Roast too, especially if you grind if fine. I like an espresso grind. It really brings out the flavor in the drip coffeemaker. Combine the finely ground French Roast and a cone shaped coffeemaker and it is great.

Colombian Supremo is also a very good coffee, but only if you get it fresh ground. Colombian coffee, even if they call it Colombian Supremo in a can is usually not very good. Maxwell House seems to be the sole exception. Their Colombian Supremo is pretty good and dark tasting.

I did have some Colombian Excelsor once and it was great. All of the flavor of the Colombian beans with a very dark roast. Great coffee.

Right now, I am drinking iced French Roast with a double shot of espresso. That is great. I think I will take some more of that to the revival I am playing guitar at tonight. Good stuff. But not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.