java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

the sun on my face

I was walking to the church just now. It is a short walk less than 5 blocks and very pleasant. It isn’t real warm (83 according to Yahoo) and the breeze is nice.

As I walked, I do what I have been doing a lot this summer. I was holding my face up to the sun, letting it bake in.

Because of that, I have a good tan. But above all, I feel the sun. last winter was so cold that I wondered at time if there would ever be a time when the sun was warm and bright and hot on my face.

It has been, of course. The seasons take their course, but because of the cold, I love the sun. this is the first year I have not even minded getting hot mowing the yard.

I was so cold last year. I am warm as long as the sun shines and it is summer.

I don’t mind the cold, but this was our first Nebraska winter and the wind is so strong. 20 below and a 30 mph wind. It kind of takes the starch out of a guy. And it makes said guy long for the sun in the summer.

I love weather in general. I like rainy days and cold and warmth. But when you don’t have one, you sure miss it.

Yesterday it was in the high 60’s all day. Kind of a freak, but it made me look forward to fall, a favorite time of year.

But now, as long as the sun shines, I will enjoy the warmth on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.