java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Thursday, August 5, 2010

cool clothes

I have never been what you could consider cool. I have  been interesting and dynamic, I have been called charismatic in the past, I have been a lot of things, but never cool

Right now I am wearing jorts (jean shorts which I heard the other day were considered absolutely not cool) which are Wranglers but only because I got them from Goodwill, fake Crocs (from Wal Mart and which are phenomenally comfortable), and a generic Hawaiian shirt. I drive a mini-van. And I have never tried to be a brand name kind of guy.

When I was young I dressed interestingly, I guess you could call it. I had my own style and it was different. Usually it was a bit of a rebellious style, but I liked it and it was mine.

But it never mattered to me if I did those things that were considered cool.

I am not sure why, because my self-confidence was never that strong. It seemed that I would have tried to be more like what people considered in style.

However, I never cared. I suppose the only thing I ever really cared about was Levis, but only because I liked the way they fit. If I had found some jeans that fit as well, I would have taken them. But the last pair I owned were a couple of decades ago.

It just doesn’t matter to me. The mini-van I drive has to be one of the most versatile vehicles a person can own. People who do not want to drive one because they are not cool are silly.

It doesn’t matter how much you pay for your clothes. Or your car. Or anything for that matter.

What matters is the quality of your life. Jesus is the only brand that matters. Without him, life cannot be cool.

In fact, without him, it will get pretty hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.