java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

daily java

Daily Java:
Hear me, O God, as I voice my complaint; protect my life from the threat of the enemy.
Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked, from that noisy crowd of evildoers.
They sharpen their tongues like swords and aim their words like deadly arrows.
They shoot from ambush at the innocent man; they shoot at him suddenly, without fear.

(Psalm 64)

Why is it that people have to come from behind to do something to you?

No one likes to be bushwhacked, but yet, so many will happily bushwhack themselves rather than having to face someone.

Email is a big culprit in all this, too. It is so easy to be friendly to someone and then email them to tell them something bad.

When it comes down to it, it is cowardice.

The Bible says to go to someone you have trouble with and tell them. It never tells you that you can go behind their backs.

In fact, the Proverbs are full of comments stating that running around behind is sinful.

Emails are the coward’s way out. They allow you to say something with no fear of looking foolish.

I much appreciate someone coming to my face than coming to my friends’ faces.

The psalmist felt the same way. He was besieged on all sides by people who were too cowardly to face him. He asks God why. He really knew why, but it is a call and a cry to God: why can these people not be human enough to come to me and say things to my face.

I have never gossiped about someone else, nor have I ever gone behind someone to accomplish what I wanted.

Yet it has been done again and again to me. I suppose it is my demeanor. I am big and look confident, even though I am not necessarily. I just have a confident look to me that, I suppose, makes people afraid to come to me.

But they sin when they do not.

I hear about people telling others about how bad I am and how bad what I have done is, yet when I see them, they smile and are friendly.

Jesus died for them, too, I keep reminding myself. By their sinning, though, they risk losing his grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.