java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Monday, August 9, 2010

daily java

Daily Java: Psalm 77:5-12
I thought about the former days, the years of long ago;
I remembered my songs in the night. My heart mused and my spirit inquired:
"Will the Lord reject forever? Will he never show his favor again?
Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time?
Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion?"
Selah
 Then I thought, "To this I will appeal: the years of the right hand of the Most High."
I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds.


There are times when I wonder if the Lord has forgotten me. this happens especially if I am thinking about stuff that happened in the past, and especially about good stuff in the past.

Has God forgotten me? I remember when I did great things in his name and now I do not.

I pray, I fast, I cry out and it seems sometimes like the heavens have a steel floor though which my prayers cannot penetrate. I cannot seem to get through.

Has God forgotten me. did he set me down here and then went to something else, and one day, when I die, will he say, Oh, yeah. I forgot about him? Well, too late now.

All of the promises he gave me seemed so real and vital and there were good things about to happen, but they haven’t. Oh, one or two maybe, but the others are still waiting.

Will he leave me forever? Is he through with me? Has he forgotten me? Am I finished in his service and just haven’t gotten the pink slip yet? Will he ever see me, hear me, answer me, love me again?

Then I remember all the times he was with me, when his presence was so strong that it was almost heavy on me. I know he loved me. I remember that he sent Jesus to bring me back to him. I remember the miracles that he accomplished through my own hand in the past – the healings, the words of knowledge, the blessings of his wisdom delivered through me to others.

I am going to think about those.

The song says, when you can’t see his hand, trust his heart. There are a lot of times when I cannot see him. However, he said he was there and I know he loves me. so I have to trust him.

That I will think about, that I will consider.

The song also says: "He lives, he lives, Christ Jesus lives today. He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way. He lives, he lives, salvation to impart. You ask me how I know he lives. He lives within my heart."

Sometimes that is how we know he is there. When he goes way, we will no longer care. As long as he is with us, we will seek him.

There is a God, he is alive. Praise his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.