java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, February 12, 2010

trip to topeka

As we say in Texas, we are fixing to go to Independence for the night. Tomorrow morning we go to Topeka, KS, for my interview with the Foursquare people. I know all the material and all, it is nothing more than that which I have studied and preached for the past 36 years, but still. I never did tests well and they make me apprehensive, even though I know what I am doing.

Although, can one really know what they are doing when it comes to the knowledge of God and his grace and Spirit? But you know what I mean.

After we get through there, we will go to Lincoln and hopefully be there in time for the ladies meeting at the church at 5:00. I will be glad when this is all over. The trip is really getting to me. 750 miles round trip each week. I don’t know how people drive like they do all the time. It would get to me. especially as I get older.

I used to drive marathon distances, since, for one thing, I didn’t always have the money to stop at a motel. For another thing, motels always seem to me to be the ultimate waste of money. If I am by myself, I can sleep in the car as easily. If you need to, you can always stop at a truck stop and take a shower and stuff.

Enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.