java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ordination

I just got an email that said that my interview with the Foursquare Church will be Saturday at 10AM in Topeka, KS. That is exciting to me, something that I have looked forward to in the past couple of years. I have already been ordained in the Christian Church, the Assembly of God and had a tacit ordination in the Church of Christ, non-instrumental. That group doesn’t really ordain, they just recognize. Of course, then they do everything they can to denigrate you and your position as minister. But that is another story.

I am nervous about this. I have no problem with theology. I have been a pastor for 35 years, so answering questions about the “faith that lies within me” is nothing new. However, I don’t know a lot about the Foursquare Church in the history section and it doesn’t matter a lot to me. I just pray I can get through that okay. After all, I went through the AG process and that was a wooleybugger.

I want to do well. I want the Lord to say Well done, good and faithful servant. That is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.