java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, February 5, 2010

a mirror of God

Daily Java: May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

I have always wanted the things I say to be the oracles of God, the words of God, something that he would say if he were speaking instead of me. if I am crucified in Christ and he lives in me, then anything I say should be like that. I cannot just blap out stuff and expect it to be fine, I have to remember that he is speaking through me, that whatever comes out of my mouth is perceived by other as coming out of his mouth.

That is one of the problems that comes with calling yourself a Christ follower. If you are following him, then you are trying to be like him. And if you are doing that, you are trying to make your life like his, your speech like his, you reactions to life like his. And if you tell people that, then whatever you say, they figure Jesus would say. When you say stupid things, things that hurt, stuff off the top of your head, then they see Jesus that way

Jesus said When you see me, you see the Father. His point was that he was a mirror of God. We are that same: mirrors of God. Not as good as Jesus, obviously, but still, we mirror him in our own flawed way.

I have always had a problem with saying the first thing on my mind. There were times in my life that if I had not been so big, someone would have taught me more perfectly the way of righteousness with their fists. I got away with it on sheer size, but I was wrong.

We have to remember that others are looking at us and that we mirror the Father who has sent us to do his will on this earth. We want to be like Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed looking over you blog
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.