java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Thursday, February 11, 2010

daily java

Daily Java: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. (1 Corinthians 13:4-5)

It has always amazed me at the things that are done “in love”. Someone will do something horrible to you and then tell you that they only tell you this because they love you. Or someone will use the love of God as an excuse to do something horrendous to the church or someone in it.

As Paul said, these things out not so to be. Out of love for us, Jesus died. Out of love for us, God gave up his Son. Out of love for us, the Godhead went through the agony and pain of crucifixion and death.

Jeremiah 31:3 says I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. He loved us always and wants the best for us. And that love is what draws us to him.

Love does not let people go to hell in the name of tolerance. Jesus loved everyone he came into contact with, but he also sent them away changed into something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.