java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Sunday, August 7, 2011

i just took a long time to grow up

It is interesting to be going somewhere where you do not know what you will be doing.

I have decided to give up pastoring, so I really don’t know what will happen. I would like to get into writing full-time and I am going to try my best to do that, but that is an uncertain business.

I have about three books in my head that I want to write. It shouldn’t be that difficult. The average book is about 60,000 words and in the past year and a half I have written over 400,000 words just in my blog and in my Facebook devotionals. That is not counting other things I have written.

No idea right now where I will go to sell stuff, but I have to make the attempt.

But the idea of no longer pursuing the pastorate is odd. For almost forty years I have been a pastor. I feel, though, that God is through with me in that. I don’t know what he has for me now, maybe nothing, but I will no longer look to doing that.

It’s strange. Almost like a kid looking at the world and saying what shall I be when I grow up? I guess I just took a long time to grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.