java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

daily java

Daily Java:
  You don’t let me sleep.
      I am too distressed even to pray! (Psalm 77:4)
I am reading  the Psalms right now in my daily Bible reading. They vacillate between joy and depression. Right now, I seem to be in the midst of a group of depression Psalms. With my current situation, that doesn’t help any.

But I have come awake too early. It is 5:30 and I am not a morning person. However, it is too bad a I am going to lie there awake if I stay in bed and that is no fun either. So I might as well get up and come in and do something profitable.

Today I leave Lincoln and the ministry. I never thought this day would come but it seems that it has. Someone was telling me yesterday of a relative who was still preaching at 85. I figured I would be. But it is not to be.

The truck is almost completely loaded. I still have to put on the mattress and box springs we slept on last night. That is going to be hard by myself, but since I have had a dearth of helpers, I suppose I will.

And I wait. I believe in God and in his power. I also believe that he is in control. The possibility
of him not being is just too bleak to consider. I have served him all my life, sometimes well and sometimes not. But I have always loved him.

I do not believe that there is a purpose for everything. Some things are just too bad. There is no purpose in a baby contracting AIDS, or horrible car crashes that kill children, or rape squads in Muslim countries, the events of 9/11.

However, I do believe Romans 8:28 when the apostle Paul says: And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. I believe he can take the bad and turn it to good in our lives.

I wait for that now. I plan to go back to school and learn something new. Web design interests me and goes along with my desire to go into full time writing too. I think I will pursue those interests.

We will get an apartment, and just live quietly. I will be involved in church but in no leadership capacity. I will also take care of Ella to he best of my ability. She needs me now more than every before.

Life will go on. And I praise his name, even when I am too distressed to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.