java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

daily java

Daily Java:
For you are misinterpreting the whole thing. You are doctors who don’t know what they are doing. Oh, please be quiet! That would be your highest wisdom. (Job 13:4-5)
I was listening to someone talk the other day and it was apparent that the person knew little or nothing of what they spoke. He really was just in love with the sound of his own voice.

A lot of people are like that. They love to hear themselves talk, love to see what they wrote, love to give advice or counsel. But the problem is, they are devoid of any kind of wisdom.

Someone was asking about a Bible verse not long ago. I gave them an interpretation. They said, but this particular books says this. My answer: yes, that’s true. It does. And this one over here says something different. And so does that one over there. I commented that the only difference many times between you and the people who wrote those books is that they got paid for writing them and you didn’t.

People love to talk. People love to explain. People love to expostulate on stuff that many times they do not really understand. If this were not so, there would a fraction of the commentaries on Revelation that there are. People rarely understand the book of Revelation, yet so many feel the need to write these long detailed expositions along with maps and charts and graphs to try to bolster their explanations.

It is amazing to me that people who can barely find the book of Matthew in their Bibles can find the “wisdom” to interpret great blocks of meaning into the book of Revelation.

Part of the problem on that book is that it is difficult enough that it is hard to argue with an interpretation. Some of them are so hare-brained that you wonder how the people sleep at night with all that gibberish in their heads.

But they go on and on, kind of like I am in this blog entry, I guess. It works both ways.

I will have to admit that some of my longest articles are my most shallow. But the point is, sometimes it is better to be quiet.

Someone once said that you could be quiet and thought a fool, or open your mouth and remove all doubt. Sometimes being quiet is the best course. You sit and listen quietly, gravely and people think you are so good.

Or you can write a bunch of junk and show the world that you are ignorant doctors.

Think I’ll stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.