java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, June 24, 2011

my 750th post

But, my child, let me give you some further advice: Be careful, for writing books is endless, and much study wears you out. (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
This is my 750th post. Not counting this post, I have written 329,777 words.

There is a quote that I always thought funny.  Apparently Prince William Henry, Duke of Gloucester and Edinburgh, in 1781, upon receiving the second (or third, or possibly both) volumes of The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire from the author Edward Gibbon, said: “Another damned thick book! Always scribble, scribble, scribble! Eh, Mr. Gibbon?”

I have never heard of Prince William Henry. But I have a copy of Gibbon’s Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire in my library.

Some think a lot of writing is foolish. What purpose does it serve? What point does it make?

I am not sure and I am nor sure that anyone really reads all this. However, I have felt the need to write for a long time. With the advent of Blogspot, it has come to pass that I write.

And the more I write, the faster I write. I have found that I can write at typing speed. I read that about someone the other day, and it dawned on me that I do that. I always have, to a point and inasmuch as you can with one of those old manual typewriters.

And I find I like writing. 330,000 words is the same as four or five basic novels. Or two or three of those big sci-fi novels.

I also find that the more I write, the more I have to say. And oddly enough, I have had a scripture for each of them.

There are few if any comments on my blog, and I figure that I am writing stuff into the wind. But I feel the need to write. And will continue.

I  hope it has been good stuff I wrote. And that God has been glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.