java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

daily java

Daily Java:
O God, grant me these two things,
      and then I will be able to face you.
  Remove your heavy hand from me,
      and don’t terrify me with your awesome presence.
 Now summon me, and I will answer!
      Or let me speak to you, and you reply.
Tell me, what have I done wrong?
      Show me my rebellion and my sin.
Why do you turn away from me?
      Why do you treat me as your enemy?
Would you terrify a leaf blown by the wind?
      Would you chase dry straw? (Job 13:20-25 NLT)
This is exactly how you feel when things happen to you that do not seem fair.

And life will weigh you down like an anchor around your neck at times. All you want to do is defend yourself.

You say to God, you promised that you would be with your people. You point out the passages where God tells his people that all of the nations will look at them and see blessings from being in him.

You come to a point where it seems nothing else bad can happen, then something else does.

What does it mean? Does it mean that God doesn’t love you? Why is it that he cannot keep these things from happening? Are you not faithful? Are you not his child? Did he not call you?

And yet thing after thing happens until your life is a shambles.

The book of Job was written to show that sometimes things happen anyway, and are not due to something we did. Sometimes things happen.

But even though Job had all this happen to him for no good reason, he still says, But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! (Job 19:25-26)

No matter what happens, and there are a lot of unpleasant things happening right now in my life, he is still my God and I will always serve him.

And I know he stands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.