java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

daily java

Daily Java:
The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights. (Habakkuk 3:1).
Life is a treacherous journey, full of obstacles and chuckholes and hurdles. By yourself, you fall down constantly and are never able to make it very far.

However, with God on your side, you are able to navigate that which before looked impossible. He is your GPS, your mountain guide, your strength. He is your infrared goggles for night vision, your overview, your steadying hand.

You’ll still fall on occasion. You are human and humans make mistakes and missteps. But he will be there to help you up, to make you stand, your strong right hand and staff to give you stability.

With him you can run and not grow weary, walk and not faint (Isaiah 41). In him is strength for the weary and power for the faint.

Someone once said that God never promised us a calm sea, but he did promise and good boat. The same is with our journey in him. He never promised an easy way. But he did say that he would always be there with us to help us on the way.

He is our power and our strength. With him the journey becomes a joyful one.

Without him, we are full of bruises and broken bones and never make it to our destination.

He is our strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.