java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

walking in faith

My feet stand on level ground;  in the great assembly I will praise the LORD. (Psalm 26:12)
It is winter and we have to walk on the ice again.

Walking on ice isn’t real hard as long as you remember that you are on ice and not on regular ground. If you forget, you will go down hard and fast.

That is kind of like the Christian life. As long as you are walking in Jesus and in his grace, you are fine. But if you ever get to thinking that you can do it by yourself, you are dead.

As long as we are in Jesus, we are fine. Through his power and his glory, he makes us firm in what we are doing.

However, it is easy to think that you are doing well in stuff. And it is also easy to flop right smack on your face.

1 Corinthians 10:12 says So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! About the time you think you are getting this holiness stuff down, you make a big mistake.

It is easy to do. You get overconfident and when that happens, you sin big-time.

It is God who gives us strength, and allows us to move in his power. When we are in him, the feeling is great.

But when we lose contact with him, it is terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.