java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

i love my wife

O Lord, listen to my cry;
    give me the discerning mind you promised.
Listen to my prayer;
    rescue me as you promised.
Let praise flow from my lips,
    for you have taught me your decrees. (Psalm 119:169-171)
I have been with my wife for almost 42 years and they, for the most part, have been good ones. She is a good woman who wants nothing but to make me happy. Her whole life has been ordered to making me happy.

And sometimes it amazes me that someone would devote her whole life to the making of her husband’s life happy.

Then I look at her and she is good. She is pure and holy and seemingly sinless. She is the kind of person that everybody likes and that people tend to gravitate towards.

And she is better than I am. I am a sinful person, one who is self-absorbed, one who tends to wallow in myself. She isn’t. she is one who is self-sacrificing and loving and good.

I am grateful for her. Without her in my life, it would be worthless. It would be meaningless. She give s a purpose to me and to my life that I really cannot fully articulate.

And I love her. It is hard to imagine what I would do without her. The picture of a bitter old man comes to mind. One who cannot be happy.

But she makes me happy. And I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.