java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Thursday, June 21, 2012

daily java

Daily Java:
O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
    You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
You see me when I travel
    and when I rest at home.
    You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.
You go before me and follow me.
    You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too great for me to understand!
(Psalm 139:1-6)
A couple of odd things have happened to me in the past two day.

One is that I have had two dreams now in almost successive nights about failure. I failed in school. I was behind in the courses and couldn’t find the books or the class or couldn’t remember who the teacher was. Something on that order. It left me disappointed in myself and with a feeling of failure to go through the day.

The second was on the strange side. I was at the grocery store and a child came by being pushed in one of those huge buggies that look like a little car. They strike me as silly. But a young couple pushed the child by. The child looked at me, pointed and said, in a loud, clear voice “That boy has on a pink shirt!”

I had on a pocket t shirt that was kind of raspberry/ purple/ whatever. But it was strange on several levels. One was that the child noticed me so strongly out of a crowded store. Second was that she called me a boy.

So the failure 62 year old boy with the pink shirt. An odd way to see yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.