java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

daily java

Daily Java:
Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:11-13)
A couple of us were talking the other day about what we have done in our lives. And I was thinking that I have done a lot of things in my life. Some pretty varied experiences.

I have worked every job you can imagine at one time or another. Galveston County seawall maintenance, taking money out of pay phones for SW Bell, telephone company lineman, the army for 2 years (in Germany), warehouse, oil field, sales, radio, TV, grocery store, shoe store and encyclopedia salesman, warehouse man with emphasis on unloading 100 pound sacks off box cars and more. I even chipped concrete off overhead girders with a jackhammer for a couple of days. That will make a young man tired.

There was time spent as a writer for an asphalt magazine and as writer and photographer for a community newspaper, and a couple of other magazines. I was also a DJ for three radio stations, and worked with a cable TV station in north Houston, TX.

I have spoken in and directed workshops and seminars all over America in subjects ranging from music to philosophy to puppetry and motivational speaking in addition to my ministry.

I have been in and on the board of directors of the Rotary Club, vice-president of Cleveland, TX, Interfaith Charity Organization, a member of the Chamber of Commerce and Lions' Club and have always been active in community functions. In addition to being past president and current vice-president of the Ministerial Alliance and president of a Christian clown organization, I have done puppetry, and played guitar occasionally for pre-schoolers in several local libraries.

There was also a stint as a commissioned police officer with the role of a police chaplain for the Kiefer, OK (suburban Tulsa), Police Department. I was involved with the Domestic Violence Center in De Queen, AR, and was in the Hospital Chaplain program at De Queen Regional Medical Center, Texarkana, TX, and Kansas City, MO.

I was even Pastor for the Day for the 1993 Texas House of Representatives.

I have had the good fortune to pastor larger churches and be involved in big things.

But now I come to this point in life in which I wonder what God has in store for me. what is it? And why does he wait so long to tell me? We truly do know how to live on nothing or with everything, and with plenty or little. And he knows it.

He seems to have forgotten me. And it gets real tiresome when people tell me that God is waiting on his own good time. That may be true, but there is no reason for him to leave us penniless and without his touch.

Foolish man that I am though, if I had it to do again, I would do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.