java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, April 6, 2012

daily java

Daily Java:
When they came to a place called The Skull, they nailed him to the cross. And the criminals were also crucified—one on his right and one on his left. (Luke 23:33)
Today is Good Friday, the day we mourn the passing of the physical body of the Son of God.

It is not the end, but really, merely the beginning.  If begins our life in Jesus, our participation in the Kingdom of God, our place at his table.

There was no way we could touch God. It would be like plugging our toasters into the high wire line. It would explode. The power and goodness of God is too great and we are too sinful.

So he sent his Son. He became human like we are, yet lived his life with no sin. He alone of all that have ever lived can touch God. And because he was human, he can also touch us. He is the bridge between us and God. We touch him, he touches God and through him, we touch God.

It is that power of being able to come into the throne room of God that Jesus brought us in his death.

1 Timothy 2:5-6 says: For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time.

There is no election to decide who will bring us to God. Mohammed, Buddha, Krishna – there are no other choices. It is either Jesus or nobody.

Acts 4:12 says There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved. Jesus alone is our Savior.
As he died on the cross, several things went through his mind. These are seen in the seven last words that he said. In them is all of the sorrow, sadness, humanity and triumph of his death.
Father forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing (Luke 23:34).
I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise (Luke 23:35-43).
Dear woman, here is your son. Here is your mother (John 19:26-27).
My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? (Matthew 27:46).
I am thirsty (John 19:28).
It is finished (John 19:30).
Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands! (Luke 23:46)
That I can go to meet my God like he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.