java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

i have begun dropping things

In the past couple of years, for some reason, I have begun dropping things. Rare is the time in the kitchen when I do not drop two or three things while fixing dinner or just being in the kitchen.

I attributed it to my kitchen in Lincoln. I didn’t like the setup and thought it inefficient. Since it was a rent house, there was little I could do about it. So I would pick things up several times.

But I find I am doing it here too. My daughter’s kitchen is extremely inefficient as far as kitchens go, but still. I keep dropping things. It has to be me.

I will drop food, utensils, ice, glasses – enough of a range that it is not just the kitchen at fault. It is me.

I have even dropped plates of food. I dropped a fruit dessert on my guitar tuner which caused it to malfunction. I dropped coffee on my key board. I dropped a spoon while ago while making Ella something to drink.

They are all minor things (except for the fruit dessert) but all together they are annoying. And I do not know why I drop the things.

I have never been a paragon of grace and beauty of movement. I was always strong, but never graceful. I, quite frankly, move like a lummox and always have. That is one reason I never danced. I look like a crippled rhino when I do.

But for some reason, I am beginning to drop things. Some of it is my hands. I am developing carpal tunnel syndrome pretty badly and need some work done. My hands, as a result, are constantly asleep.

This makes it hard to type, and to play my guitar. After a while it is hard to tell where my pick is in my hand. Sometimes if not careful I will drop the pick and will cut my finger on the guitar strings.

I suppose part of it is getting older. Looking forward to a life of falling down and dropping stuff and drooling into my beard and maybe, if I am lucky, incontinence.

Oh, joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.