java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, September 30, 2011

daily java

Daily Java:
No longer will you need the sun to shine by day,
      nor the moon to give its light by night,
   for the Lord your God will be your everlasting light,
      and your God will be your glory.
 Your sun will never set;
      your moon will not go down.
   For the Lord will be your everlasting light.
      Your days of mourning will come to an end. (Isaiah 60:19-20)
There is a perspective the Christian has that the world cannot understand, and it both frightens and makes the people without that perspective mad,

That perspective is the presence of God in your life.

It is like trying to imagine what it would be like not married to Ella. We have been married now for over forty years. I love her, but even more, she is a constant in my life. I really cannot imagine a life without her.

The same with God. I gave my life to him December 13, 1959 at the Freeport Church of Christ in Freeport, TX, when I was ten years old. I will be 62 years old in a couple of weeks. That is 52 years I have spent with my Lord.

Some of those years have been bad where I was trying to be an idiot. But most of them I have felt his presence strongly. Actually, even when I was being an idiot, I still felt his presence drawing me back. But he has been there in my life for a long time.

And I think about what it will be like in heaven where there is no pain or problems. I see it as being literally like it is figuratively here on earth. He will be the sun and the moon. His glory will be ever present, an everlasting light.

He is that way now. I can no more imagine a life without him than I can imagine a life without breath. He has been a part of me for so long that there is no real way he could not be a part of me.

He is my sun and my moon, my everlasting light that guides my way. And even though things happen to me that are bad, even thought there is sorrow and pain, there is no reason to mourn. He gives me joy and peace that I could not have without him.

Even though friends may leave and even though the church itself may turn from me and hurt me, I will still love him. He is my constant and perfect companion.

He is my God and I will ever serve him, now and through eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.