java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hallelujah, jesus is alive

I love this song. Tomorrow morning, Ella and I are going to sing it.

Praise be to God for his Son Jesus!

JESUS IS ALIVE!
For all the earth had trembled, the sun had did its face.
All the men that walked with him has turned and run away,
they crucified our savior and laid him in a tomb.

The life that once brought love and hope, slipped away that afternoon.
Satan gleamed with pleasure that day at Calvary,
for he thought he had won a mighty victory,

And like him all of the demons of hell began to cheer,
oh but little did they know that their end was drawing near.
'Cause early Sunday morning just like Jesus said,
he broke the curse of sin and death and he rose up from the dead. 

Now we have a new beginning, in a kingdom that has no ending,
Hallelujah, hallelujah.

Hallelujah, Jesus is Alive, death has lost its victory and the grave
has been denied; Jesus lives forever, he’s alive, he’s alive! 

He’s the Alpha and Omega, the first and last is he, the curse of sin
is broken and we have perfect liberty;
the Lamb of God is risen, he’s alive,  he’s alive! (repeat)

He's the Author and the finisher of our faith,
the stone they threw away is the Cornerstone today.
Death has no more victory and the grace has no more stain,
Hallelujah, hallelujah!

Wonderful Counselor, a Mighty God is he, the Everlasting Father,
he's the precious Prince of Peace. 
He's the Word that lives forever, he's alive, he's alive!
Hallelujah,     Jesus is alive!

YES LORD
Yes, Lord, yes Lord, I believe.Yes Lord I believe you're alive in me. 
I'm gonna shout aloud to the Rock, the Rock of my salvation.
Yes Lord, yes Lord I believe
I believe the tomb is empty, cause I know my heart is full
with the glory and the wonder of your name. 
I believe the power that raised you is alive in me right now,
and the joy within my heart can't be contained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.