java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Sunday, April 24, 2011

the end of my seven day fast

Isaiah 53:1-6 NLT
        Who has believed our message
           and to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
        He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
           and like a root out of dry ground.
        He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
           nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
        He was despised and rejected by men,
           a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
        Like one from whom men hide their faces
           he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
        Surely he took up our infirmities
           and carried our sorrows,
        yet we considered him stricken by God,
           smitten by him, and afflicted.
        But he was pierced for our transgressions,
           he was crushed for our iniquities;
        the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
           and by his wounds we are healed.
        We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
           each of us has turned to his own way;
        and the LORD has laid on him
           the iniquity of us all.
It is the end of my seven day fast. I ate a little breakfast this morning at the church function after our Sunrise Services, and then I had lunch with some friends. All in all, I am pretty stuffed. Considering that I have had nothing to eat for a week then real food, it is not surprising.

I am not sure that anything came out of my fast. I have heard no mighty words from God. I have decided that from now on, I will probably go in three day increments, at least for a while. A week or more does a lot of damage to my system, especially this close to the last one.

But even though I have not heard answers from God, I am sure he heard me. He knows my heart and I think he heard me.

Father God, I ask you for power from on high. Give me strength to do what you want and the love you have for your church placed in my heart. I praise  you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.