java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

recharging the spiritual battery

But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer. (Luke 6:16)
There were always tons of people surrounding Jesus. I would imagine that everywhere he looked there were people wanting to talk to him, be healed by him, wanting him to endorse some product, wanting something from him.

He was constantly surrounded by people is who wanted something from him. and I would imagine it got tiresome.

He came to be surrounded by people, but, again, I would imagine 24/7 was too much.

So every once in a while, he had to leave. And he went off into the wilderness to pray.

I don’t know where the wilderness was, but it was probably close to all the towns, since this was not an urban society. It was probably not far to undeveloped country.

Jesus just had to get away from the crush of humanity.

I though the picture in Jesus Christ, Superstar was a good one. The lepers got so plentiful that they overwhelmed Jesus at one point. He was just inundated with people.

You cannot be around people all the time and still maintain your charge. You are like a rechargeable battery. Used all the time, it is gone before long. You have to go somewhere and recharge.

Even Jesus did. He was, after all, human. He had to get away and communicate with the Father. Otherwise he would soon be burned out.

That is what happens to people a lot of times. They forget that they are human and have to recharge. So after a while, they just get tired. And when they do, they lose the focus they had. They are just burned out.

Prayer is our recharging. We talk to God, we communicate with him, we remember our spiritual center and we recharge.

Do that right now. God talk to God and recharge. Make yourself strong again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.