java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Saturday, March 5, 2011

bad cough again

I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” (Revelation 21:3-4 NLT)
I am sick today. It is not a fever inducing sickness, at least not yet, but it is one that has brought on a bad cough.

Since I had pneumonia in 1987, I have had a predisposition to a cough. If one ever starts up, it is a bear to get rid of.

It feels like one is on the way now. And I hate it.

That means that tomorrow I will not be able to sing or speak very well. When I can’t, it seems that the day is incomplete. I love to sing and enjoy leading praise. Not only that, but I am the only one in our church capable of it at this time. We pray for more to come in, but so far they have not.

So tomorrow morning, I will go to church and hack and cough through the services.

But I will go. I do not miss church for any reason short of a major catastrophe. Even when my gall bladder blew up and I was practically unconscious back in the mid 1990’s, I still went.

As I recall, someone put me in my big leather desk chair and arranged my meat juice bag, the drain bag the doctor sent me home with after his botched operation. That day, a friend who was Catholic led my praise for me while someone else, I do not know who, gave a short lesson.

I was so out of it that day. But I will not miss, Lord willing. It is important to me and should be to all God’s children.

It is not that I am so good, it is that he was so good to me. He went through the pain of the cross for me. Beside that, my cough is nothing. And even if it wracked me, I would still praise him.

I will serve him all my days and in any situation he allows me to be in. Praise his name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.