java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Thursday, June 10, 2010

people who do ugly things wear normal faces

My wife is funny. The other day, I said, you did that on purpose.

Her response: yes, I decided to do it. When she said this, she put a look on her face that was part grim satisfaction and part spite. And funny because none of it was real.

I think she figured that people who do bad things on purpose wear a look like that. It was funny because it was absolutely out of her character.

She is a sweet and loving person and is one who is totally transparent. She doesn’t hide behind ulterior motives or anything else. She is who she is: sweet and loving.

She also cannot imagine how people can be otherwise. But she has, unfortunately, learned that others can be otherwise.

People who do ugly things do not often wear a look of grim satisfaction or spite on their faces. Sometimes they look just like everyone else. At first glance you cannot tell them apart from normal people.

People who do wrong things, especially those who do them in the name of God, have normal looks on their faces. Otherwise, you would know they are bad.

When my son and I were listening to someone sing who was known to be a jerk, he asked, why are people who are bad so talented? My response, because the devil can use them. If they were not talented, no one would listen to them and they would have no influence.

If people who were intent on tearing up the church wore a look on their faces that said they were divisive, everyone would know and not listen to them.

But they look normal and, sometimes, holy, so we don’t know what is in their hearts.

Only people like my wife, who are sweet and good, would wear an ugly face when they are pretending to do something ugly.

After all, in 2 Corinthians 11:14 and 15, the apostle Paul said, Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness.

People who do bad things, especially in the name of God, wear faces that make other people think they are loving and good. But they are not.

In jest, the look is funny. In real life it is ugly and against what God wants. Don’t do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.