java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

betrayal

I just watched a movie on Jesus: Jesus the Mini Series. It was the movie that was on TV in 1999 or so. It was in general a very good representation of Jesus.

He is portrayed as a real person in this movie, rather than someone who was almost too holy to walk around.

But a couple of things came out at me.

The main thing was when Judas betrayed Jesus. Jesus knew he was going to, but the way Judas did it surprised Jesus. Judas and the Romans came up, Jesus came out to meet them, but then Judas kissed him.

Startled, Jesus said, a kiss? Judas realized the enormity of the betrayal at that moment.

It was a movie, and really, even though it was inaccurate in points was a good one.

But that picture of betrayal was almost too much for me.

I have been betrayed by “friends”. People who ate at my table and drank my coffee and smiled at me and claimed friendship, who were all the while planning on turning on me.

I never figured out why. I am not that important a person. But people have always come out to the woodwork to first claim friendship and then hurt me.

I do not know why and probably never will. Why is it that I seem to attract that kind of person. Why can I not attract someone who is genuine. I have a always tried to be genuine and transparent.

But people around me that try to get close to me aren’t.

It makes me and my sweet wife suspicious of people, or at least holding them at arm’s length.

As I said, I am not that important. The church for which I minister is not that large, nor do I make enough money for people to want to take. I just never figured it out.

But when he was hanging on the cross, he said, Father forgive them, for the do not understand what they are doing.

And they didn’t. they thought they were doing the will of the Lord and having church as usual.

Actually they were trying to hurt me and my family.

I try to forgive, and it is hard. It has already happened to a point here in Lincoln, but I refuse to be bitter. The Lord was not, and while I am not anywhere near what he is, at the same time, I try to be like him.

And I try to forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.