java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

observed at the doctor’s office today

Observed at the doctor’s office today: People dress stupidly.

Women dress like they did when cute little hippie chicks and are now in their 60’s. It is kind of sad to see a woman who is dressing as she did 40 years ago but  is now a rather chubby person, not to mention gray and everything else. She doesn’t realize that she looks like a fool in what she is wearing.

Men also sometimes dress like they did 40 years ago, too. A guy was at the doctor’s office with a really bad wig parted down the center and a very big, very gray mustache. He was dressed somewhat normally except for hippie sandals.

Men dress like slobs with cargo shorts paired with stupid slogans on t shirts. They sit there feeling like they look normal but look rather foolish.

There was an old man in a wheelchair tried several times to get an envelope into his shirt. He would fold it and try to put it into the collar of a buttoned up polo shirt and failed each time. He suddenly looked at me and said, “Amtrak!” about that time a woman from a bus service for older people came in and took him away. I never figured out the Amtrak remark.

Another thing is that people talk entirely too loudly in public on their phones. They seem to think themselves invisible or possibly that they are sociopaths that have no idea that others are real. One of the problems of modern society is that we get to hear the thoughts of fools, where in times past they had to be quiet.

I, of course, was dressed impeccably. Cargo shorts, crocs and a Hawaiian shirt. Or at least I was comfortable and didn’t look too stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.