java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

my life post-ministry

Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer;
      answer me, for I need your help.
 Protect me, for I am devoted to you.
      Save me, for I serve you and trust you.
      You are my God.
 Be merciful to me, O Lord,
      for I am calling on you constantly.
 Give me happiness, O Lord,
      for I give myself to you.
 O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
      so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.
 Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord;
      hear my urgent cry.
 I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble,
      and you will answer me. (Psalm 86:1-7)
I am trying to figure out what I am going to do with my life post-ministry. I really do not know. I have been a pastor for almost forty years and have never wanted to do anything else.

If I could figure out how to start my writing career, it would be different. That would be an adjunct of my ministry and would be logical. But otherwise, I do not know.

It’s a tough thing to be in this part of life, not sure what you are going to do, where you are going to go. Couple that with the fact that we are financially broke, and it presents a problem.

I look to this psalm. It resonated so strongly in me when I read it.

Hear me when I pray to you.

Help me in what I do, because I am your servant and all I have ever wanted to do was serve you.

Hear me because I am constantly calling on you for help.

Make me happy in my serving you.

Listen to me as I call on you.

There is nowhere else to go but him. I pray that he will answer me. I need him so much. I need answers so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.