java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Monday, February 28, 2011

meeting together in unity

How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!  (Psalm 133)
I had a meeting tonight with some of my fellow Foursquare Church pastors in a nearby town. It was a good meeting.

We met together for the express purpose of helping a woman gain her ministerial license. But while we were there, we also had a district meeting. In that we talked, we laughed and finally had some really good barbeque.

It is almost always good getting together with people of like mind. There have been few times in my life when I wished I had not come to such a gathering. Tonight was good. We get along with each other and we hare concerned for each other.

It makes for a satisfying relationship.

I have been in meetings of fellow ministers where it seemed like politics were the order of the day, where the desire for advancement was paramount. That was not necessarily common, but when it happens, it is certainly unpleasant.

But tonight, David, James, Doug, Liana, Nancy, her husband (I cannot remember his name and I hate that – nice guy) and Ella and I all got together and had some good fellowship. We were united in that which matters: God and our love for the church.

I missed Marsha, David’s wife, but I suppose she couldn’t be there. It was a long ways over and a long ways back, but I would do it tomorrow again.

Father God, I ask for strength and power for these people. I ask this especially for Nancy as she is looking toward her license that her life of service in you will be good and profitable both for you and her family. Bless her and keep her. Bless us and keep us also in your grace and love. Give us strength and the power that can only come from you. I praise you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.