java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Monday, August 13, 2012

daily java

Daily Java:
It’s better to live alone in the corner of an attic than with a quarrelsome wife in a lovely home. (Proverbs 21:9)
My wife and I get along well. We rarely have any real arguments and they never become large ones. It makes for a perspective in our home that makes it hard to understand other ones.

I have known people who were constantly arguing with their wives. There was always anger. They lived with it, slept with it, ate with it, raised their kids up in it. And I really cannot imagine it.

I have been in a couple of situations where I could begin to see it at times in my life with relationships and friendships with other people, but I have always known it would not touch my life.

And it hasn’t.

For one thing, my wife is extremely agreeable and loves me strongly. She has spent her life trying to make me happy and doing things for me. she is and has always been a homemaker and has made my home. She is that kind of person, the kind that will do almost anything to make my life easier and happier.

In fact, there were times in our past that I had to tell her that I married her, not the house. Yes, I like the home, but when she wore herself out trying to micromanage the home. It was counterproductive to her health.

Now that she is unable to do the things she used to do, many of them I have had to take over. And, of course, the physical part of the home is not as important to me as it was to her. I do not keep everything dusted like she did, or the floors mopped or whatever.

But even so, we still have a good home.

I have told her in the past that I have known men who would kill to have such a home. They have tried and tried and have never had such a thing: a happy home where they can go and just sit, a wife who pampers them and loves them, where it is an easy and restful atmosphere.

And I just happened to get it. What a blessed man I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.