java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Friday, November 18, 2011

daily java

Daily Java:
The Lord took hold of me, and I was carried away by the Spirit of the Lord to a valley filled with bones. He led me all around among the bones that covered the valley floor. They were scattered everywhere across the ground and were completely dried out. Then he asked me, “Son of man, can these bones become living people again?” “O Sovereign Lord,” I replied, “you alone know the answer to that.” (Ezekiel 37:1-3)
I have been reading Ezekiel in my daily Bible reading. For the most part, Ezekiel has been pronouncements of doom on all of the nations around Israel in the fifth century BC. And it gets kind of boring, as does much of the Old Testament when it deals with specifics. I mean, there are things you can bring out of it, but in general it was for them and not for us.

But then something comes through that really hits you. You can tell that what came through was meant for you. Today something came through that was aimed right directly at me from over 1400 years ago.

Bad stuff happens to you in your life. I know that for a fact. We have had a lot of bad stuff happen to us lately. So much so that I had decided to be completely through with the ministry.

The only problem is that is was God that called me into that ministry and not me. it really is not my decision.

And until I wrote that statement down I didn’t really realize that it was true.

So what do I do? I am not sure. But this one thing I know – well, I know a lot of good things – but this one comes to mind right now: if it is from God, he will rebuild it.

My ministry is lying like bones. It seems dead. Yet, I am doing things with the church where we are going. I am involved in the prayer ministry, in filing things for the church, I play in the praise band, I teach the Sunday night class for the church. So what is happening with my ministry?

I don’t know. I really don’t. I am sick of the church and in dealing with them. They have hurt my family for the last time. Or so I thought.

But the bones of my ministry are lying there. And God asks, are they going to be real again? And I say, I don’t know. They are your bones. You alone know the answer to that.

What’s he going to do? I will have to admit, that without the ministry, there isn’t much to me and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.