java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Saturday, November 12, 2011

daily java

Daily Java:
And I will make your tongue stick to the roof of your mouth so that you will be speechless. (Ezekiel 3:26)
I am late with this post today because I really didn’t have anything to say.

The morning started with a friend and me practicing for a special in church tomorrow. I wanted to do Jesus is Just Alright with Me so bad. But it did not come together. I was extremely disappointed. Instead, we will do a song he wrote. Part of the problem is that he is a cowboy singer that sings soft and slow cowboy songs, not Doobie Brothers stuff.

This afternoon we went to a funeral and I read the obituary and a poem. I didn’t know the man, but I knew his wife and some of his kids. He had been on hospice care for a while and was going to die anyway no matter what was done, so it was good that it happened.

I guess.

I don’t know if he was a believer or not. No one said otherwise, but the eulogy (given by the pastor who is also father-in-law of one of his daughters) seemed rather general.

Maybe I read too much into stuff. In fact, I know I read too much into stuff. I over analyze everything.

But still, there was a lot of sadness.

At the dinner afterwards, however, it was good. People laughed and goofed around. I got to know a guy named Chuck better. He is engaged to be married to one of the new deaconesses, Julie.

There was a relish tray someone had bought that had celery and broccoli, the general stuff with ranch dressing. But it also had what appeared to be habanero peppers – large ones – in one compartment. Everyone was looking at them suspiciously, until I looked at the other relish tray at those peppers. I realized that they were misshapen Santa Fe peppers, a pretty pepper that has a great taste and is not hot at all.

I took one and took a bite with about ten people watching. I promptly did not die and told them what they were. Julie tried one, pronounced it good and gave a bite to Chuck, who hesitantly ate it. They were good. Unfortunately, there were only six or so of them.

It kind of tinged the day, starting with the failure of my song, then going to a funeral. Even though the dinner afterwards was good, still it was not good.

I think I have lost my mojo. There was a time when it seemed that everything I did was good, flourished, people were anxious to know me. One Halloween, three people came to our party as me. I had a lot of charisma.

Now I don’t. I am a tired older man, broke, living in my daughter’s spare room.

To not have had much to say today, I seemed to written a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.