java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Sunday, November 6, 2011

daily java

Daily Java:
Then this message came to me from the Lord: “Son of man, suppose the people of a country were to sin against me, and I lifted my fist to crush them, cutting off their food supply and sending a famine to destroy both people and animals. Even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were there, their righteousness would save no one but themselves, says the Sovereign Lord.” (Ezekiel 14:12-14)
What if God was looking at our country and says, it doesn’t matter any longer who asks me to save your country. I am through with it?

I had a van that was constantly breaking. I was constantly spending money on it. I got it to where it was running pretty good and something new happened. It sounded serious, and suddenly, I was through with that stupid van. I had a friend that could fix anything so I gave it to him. He figured he would mess with it for a while then get it running when he could.

As it turned out, it was a small part somewhere that had come loose. He put it back on and it ran fine. He asked, are you sure you don’t want it back. It was just a small part.

My answer: no. I am sick of that van constantly breaking.

The nation of Israel was a high maintenance group of people. Not only that, but they were a rebellious bunch. If they had the choice between serving God and being happy and serving something else and being miserable, they would choose the something else, hands down. And they would do it every time.

There were very few righteous blips in the history of the nation of Israel. And they came far between. The Lord tried everything to get them to be the kind of people he wanted, people that he could bless. But they were rebellious from the beginning.

Finally he said, I am tired of them. And I am through with them. Even if people close to my heart, people I love and were faithful to me all their lives, people who moved me with their prayers before – even if they come and ask, I will say no.

What would it take for God to be through with America? There were still righteous people alive in Israel. Ezekiel was one. So you know that there had to be some there. But he had just gotten tired of dealing with them as a whole. Those who were righteous would be saved, but the rest would be gone.

I pray that we do not get to that point, but I fear that we are approaching it quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.