java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

what i am drinking right now

Right now I am drinking Seattle Roast coffee from Ah Roma!, a roastery in Lincoln. It is a good grind, very strong and rich. I like it.

It is hard to get the coffee ground right, though. I like to buy it in smaller amounts and grind it at the store, as all I have at home is a small grinder that heats the coffee up more than I want when it grinds it.

But so far, I have only found two or three grocery stores in all of Lincoln that have the right kind of grind.

I like a very fine grind, espresso or even Turkish grind. The coffee comes out stronger with less that way. And I like to use the same coffee for regular drinking and espresso. Regular grind will not make espresso coffee worth a flip since it requires a very fine, almost powder grind.

I also like a very strong, rich coffee, no cream or sugar. And this Seattle Roast from Ah Roma is just what I like.

At this moment, the Super Saver on Cornhusker seems to have both the best grinder and Ah Roma! Coffee. And at about $2 a pound cheaper than Millstone, it is a good deal.

I am drinking some right now, as I write.

Slurp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.