java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

daily java

Daily Java: For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)

Some more thoughts on the woman at Golden Corral

I wrote yesterday about the woman at Golden Corral who was someone ugly by choice. She was loud, profane, inconsiderate and just in general foolish.

But what makes a person that way? Why does an otherwise not bad looking woman become ugly by choice.

I have known people in my life who were ugly by choice. For some reason during their lives they decided to become repellent. And you wonder why. If given a choice between being nice and being not nice, why would a person choose not nice?

The answer is simple. There is an absolute absence of the Spirit of God in their hearts.

Our children have a problem today. This generation is nihilistic and cynical. They have seen too much, heard too much, know too much about all the wrong things. And it has affected them. They have become ugly.

It goes into all aspects of their lives. The hair is unkempt, the bodies are marked with tattoos and piercings, the clothing is torn, there is a complete disregard for place. In other words, it does not matter where they are, they will act the same – whether in church or home – it is the same to them.

And it is our fault. As hippies and pseudo-hippies, we taught free love and do your own thing. If it feels good do it. Resist authority. All those things were fun to us. They were the cultural revolution. The only problem with them was when it came time to settle down and become adults, we didn’t want to. We remained children. “I don’t want to grow up – I’m a Toys R Us kid.”

Our children watched us remaining in our perpetual adolescence and began to wonder what’s the point. They see society in trouble all around, they see job losses with their age being one of the hardest hit, they see governments and government people acting unethically. They see sex as portrayed as bad on one side and for everyone regardless of marital status on the other. They see a lot of garbage. And they are affected.

Then they are like this young woman. No real hopes, no real dreams, no real guide to life – just a life of living a meaningless existence. Probably no husband, no children – I am guessing that looking at her and hearing what she said.

And Leo, the older man, probably about my age, just sitting there laughing and grinning like a fool.

And me, sitting at the next table, wishing she would leave, wanting to talk to her on one hand,
afraid of making a scene when she told me what I could do with the conversation, grateful when she slouched out.

Father God, help me in my feeling for others. Help me be stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.