java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

my new year's resolutions

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-14)
My New Year’s Resolutions

At the risk of looking foolish, here is what I hope to accomplish this next  year.

1. I plan to lose 50 pounds. This will be accomplished several ways:
    First I intend to go back on the low carb diet, the only diet that has ever worked for me.
    Second I am going to begin exercising. I bought some exercise videos at Goodwill the other day and am going to use them.
    Third, I am going to begin walking again.

2. I intend to fast once a week at least. Probably the day will be Monday.

3. I plan to begin praying at length daily. I am going to open myself daily to the will of God and listen for a period of time daily for his voice.

4. I intend to start dressing better. I have gotten rather slob-like in my appearance and need to change. Of course, this is not a dress up church. However, I am going to start dressing better.

5. I plan to read the Bible completely through this year.

6. I plan to begin a book that I have been talking about for years.

7. I am going to make my preaching stronger, both in the word and in commitment.


8. I plan to keep in touch more strongly with my family.

By the grace of God and with his help, these things will be accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.