java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

sent to us on christmas day

SENT TO US ON CHRISTMAS DAY
by John Cliver

CHORUS    Jesus, our Savior, a man like any other,
But born of the will of God and an earthly virgin mother
Jesus, our Savior, the man who is my brother,
sent to us on Christmas Day.

On Christmas Day the shepherds found
the angels gathering all around
In fear and joy they fell to the ground
as they heard the angels sing
The angels sang of Jesus born,
early on that Christmas morn,
That for our sins we no longer mourn.
Peace on earth he will bring        CHORUS

He was a man, a man among men,
Sent from heaven to save us from sin
The angels told them where he’d been
The shepherds heard them sing
The angels sang of grace untold,
of riches more than silver or gold
The wisdom of the ages through him unfold.
Let Christmas praises ring.            CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.