java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Saturday, April 10, 2010

unpacking boxes

We have about got the house unpacked and stuff where it is supposed to go.

Since our stuff has been in storage since I began my move into the Foursquare Church, we haven’t seen a lot of it for some time.

It is funny to open boxes that have not been open for a year. You wonder what you will find. Will the stuff inside still be in one piece. Will it all be broken or just some, or will it all be fine.

The interesting thing on this move is that we have not found one single thing that has been broken, at least so far.

We still have a few boxes left to open so we still might. But so far, we have had good fortune.

The other interesting thing is how few boxes we have this move.

Of course, when I loaded the trailer to come up here, I loaded it like I would a UHaul truck with all the boxes in the front. That wreaked havoc on Pastor Mel’s pickup. He had a rough time pulling it up here.

But even so, we have relatively few boxes this time.

In the past, we had to have an annex to the UHaul to move. We had so much stuff, that we had to have a trailer, too.

This time we got rid of a lot of stuff, I sold the vast majority of my library, things like that. It sure knocked down the amount we had.

But no more. We decided that we are not going to have that much stuff anymore. We just do not need it.

The word tells us not to be indebted to anyone except to love. Romans 13:8 says Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

I suppose that it is a stretch to apply that to stuff. But some times you spend more time managing and storing and taking care of your stuff than you do you obligations to God and others.

I just want to live a simple life and serve him only. Not a bunch of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.