java soaked theological philosophy and associated blather from a spiritual nomad

Disclaimer

I am a man with a great love for my Lord, the church and her members, and for coffee, strong and black.
I also have a great love for writing.
Everything I say here is my own opinion. Why in the world would I hold someone else's opinion?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

daily java

Daily Java: I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. – John 10:28-29.

I used to think that we went in and out of God’s love depending on what we were doing at the moment.

That is absotively not true.

It is a lot harder to leave God’s care than we think. God holds on to what is his.

And he loves us. After all, we do the same with our kids. Just because they mess up, we do not throw them away.

“I broke a vase, Dad.” “WHAT?! Get out. You are no longer my son.”

If that is your response, you need to pray to God for forgiveness and maybe to your kids too.

The word says that we are able to do good things for our kids and we are just flawed human beings. If that is true, how much more would God be able to do for his children.

Matthew 7 says, Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

God gives us the ability to love our children as he loves us. And we do not desert our kids. Neither will he.

And no one can take them from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, post your comment and click the anonymous button. It would be nice if you signed it so I could know who you are.
You are welcome to say anything you want as long as it is nice. If I don't like it, or it is ugly, I will take it off, place it into the garbage disposal, grind it up, and allow it to be flushed into the Gulf of Mexico where it will be eaten by a fish and then excreted where it will lie on the bottom of the ocean until it is covered up by other comments.